Sex, unplanned pregnancy and abortion are not easy subjects to talk about in church. Sex, particularly sex outside of marriage, is a difficult enough topic, but abortion … the very word “abortion” is sure to lead either to awkward silence or to passionate conversation about what the church should think or say about abortion.
In this packet, you’ll find:
- Data about unplanned pregnancy and abortion;
- Common struggles and fears accompanying pregnancy;
- Help in the search for pre- and post-natal care for a mother in need;
- Ideas for promoting positive family involvement for an unplanned pregnancy;
- Information on adoption with particular focus on concerns of birthmothers; and
- A copy of “Theology of Sex,” a positive and powerful examination of God’s good gift of sex for us and how we can appropriately honor that gift.