American rural counties include 46.2 million people, or 15 percent of the U.S. population. We can all learn a lot from what God is doing in rural America, as well as how to best support churches and pastors in these areas.
In this podcast, which is part of our Everything You Need to Know About Pastoring series, NAE President Leith Anderson talks with Paul Jorgensen and Martin Allen, pastors at Cornerstone Church in Litchfield, Minnesota, about the ins and outs of rural church ministry, including:
- How the particularities of rural culture impact how rural churches operate;
- The unique challenges that pastors of rural churches face;
- Examples of programs and initiatives that work well in rural contexts; and
- How rural churches can attract excellent pastors.
Read a Portion of the Transcript
Leith: Paul, as the lead pastor, how do you determine whether the church is healthy? … How do you sort out health from numerical size and growth? Maybe it’s impossible to completely do it. But what’s your take on that?
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the program, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That will help get the word out and raise the visibility of the show.
- Grow! Conference
- Evangelicals Magazine on The Thriving Rural Church
- “Everything You Need to Know About Pastoring” Podcast Series: Small Churches
Today’s Conversation is brought to you by Belhaven University.