For many unbelievers, issues around diversity and sexuality are roadblocks to the Christian faith. But in Today’s Conversation podcast, Rebecca McLaughlin shows how a deeply biblical and intellectually honest approach transforms cultural roadblocks into compelling signposts for the good news of Jesus Christ.
Rebecca reminds listeners to “always be prepared to give an answer to anyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect” (1 Peter 3:15). She and host NAE President Walter Kim also discuss:
- Why there is a biblical, but not secular basis for all self-evident truth;
- How to address the idea that evangelical Christians are on the “wrong side of history” on issues like same-sex relationships;
- Why involving the Christian community is so important in relationships with unbelievers; and
- How to approach difficult cultural conversations with empathy and humility.
Read a Portion of the Transcript
Walter: How can we approach conversations of faith, conversations where we are seeking to persuade with empathy and humility? How do we go about that?
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the program, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That will help get the word out and raise the visibility of the show.
- Check out “For the Health of the Nation,” a discipleship resource for Christians to apply biblical principles to complex issues.
- Listen to related NAE podcasts:
- Discover NAE resources on racial justice.
- Learn how NAE’s Statement of Faith brought unity among diverse traditions.
Today’s Conversation is brought to you by BrotherHood Mutual.