Not many have led in the variety of ministries and at the most senior levels as Jo Anne Lyon. She served in pastoral ministry for over 30 years, founded an international nonprofit organization, provided executive leadership to Christian higher education institutions, and was the top leader of The Wesleyan Church denomination.
In Today’s Conversation hosted by Walter Kim, Jo Anne shares how to lead well — in different contexts and especially in times of crisis. You’ll learn:
- How to meaningfully employ courage and risk in leadership;
- How God used Jo Anne’s passions to step into new levels of influence;
- What she learned about women and men working together; and
- How to understand power in leadership and know when to give it up.
Read a Portion of the Transcript
Walter: You’ve raised the issue of multi-tasking and being in multiple roles at the same time. What did you learn about being in multiple leadership roles at the same time?
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the program, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That will help get the word out and raise the visibility of the show.
- The Wesleyan Church
- World Hope International
- “Men and Women Working Together” — article by Jo Anne Lyon in Wesleyan Life
Today’s Conversation is brought to you by Christian Community Credit Union.