Evangelical Christians engage in the public square — not for our own sake, but to bless others. Our popular guide for public policy, “For the Health of the Nation: An Evangelical Call to Civic Responsibility,” has been updated and is ready to inspire a new generation of evangelical engagement.
- Protecting religious freedom and liberty of conscience
- Safeguarding the nature and sanctity of human life
- Strengthening marriages, families and children
- Seeking justice and compassion for the poor and vulnerable
- Preserving human rights
- Pursuing racial justice and reconciliation
- Promoting just peace and restraining violence
- Caring for God’s creation
While these issues do not exhaust the concerns of good government, they provide a platform from which evangelicals can engage in common action.
The original version of “For the Health of the Nation” was adopted in 2004 by the NAE Board of Directors and has been the platform for the NAE’s advocacy, along with NAE resolutions. It has been widely studied and used by evangelicals and has served as a unifying framework for evangelical engagement in public policy.
Email the NAE office if you are interested in pricing for large bulk orders.