Coronavirus cases continue to surge as the first round of COVID vaccines makes its way to Americans. This medication has not only brought a sense of hope, but also many questions. Is it truly safe after such a quick timetable for development? Will it actually be effective and for how long? Are there ethical issues involved in the creation of the vaccines that Christians should know about?
In his role as director of the National Institutes of Health, Dr. Francis Collins oversees the largest supporter of biomedical research in the world. He is also a committed Christian. In Today’s Conversation podcast, you’ll hear Dr. Collins and NAE President Walter Kim discuss:
- The integration of faith, science and health;
- How vaccines actually affect the body;
- The manufacturing process and ethics behind vaccinations; and
- What role pastors and Christians should play during the pandemic.
Read a Portion of the Transcript
Walter: Clearly you have thought a lot about the integration of faith and science and of course health. And we have a moment in time where those issue converge in matters of life and death. How do you think Christians should approach this health crisis?
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the program, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That will help get the word out and raise the visibility of the show.
- Learn how you can help researchers prevent and treat COVID-19 at CombatCovid.HHS.gov
- Check out Dr. Francis Collins’ books:
- Read the NAE resource, “When God & Science Meet: Surprising Areas of Agreement”
- Listen to related NAE podcasts:
Today’s Conversation is brought to you by Youth Theology Network.